If you have not used your Individual Savings Account (ISA) allowance for this tax year you can take advantage of the Santander Sharedealing ISA, which is a Self Select Stocks and Shares ISA.
Each year, from 6 April to the following 5 April, you can invest your annual tax free savings allowance into a Stocks and Shares or Cash ISA. A Self Select Stocks and Shares ISA means that you can choose to invest your allowance in UK equities, qualifying government and corporate bonds, qualifying managed funds, as well as other qualifying instruments. If you would like more information about this, please call us on 0800 389 2324 and we will be happy to help.
From 6 April 2013 the ISA limit has increased in line with the Retail Prices index (RPI). The annual ISA limit for the 2014-2015 tax year is £11,880, from 1 July 2014 the annual investment limit will be £15000 a year.
The Santander Sharedealing ISA allows you to trade online or via the telephone, depending on the instrument you wish to trade. If the instrument cannot be traded online you can contact our dealers, who will attempt to execute your trade and give you a verbal confirmation of prices while you are on the phone.
Contract notes are sent out within one working day of the transaction. Please examine each contract note as soon as you receive it, and advise us of any discrepancy immediately. If your contract note does not reach you promptly, please call us and we will send you a duplicate.
Important Information about your ISA
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you do not subscribe more than the overall subscription in total to a Cash ISA and a Stocks and Shares ISA in the same tax year.
- An ISA may be opened by anyone who is aged 18 years and over, and is resident in the UK and meet the residence qualification set up under the ISA regulations There is no upper age limit.
- An ISA cannot be opened in joint names and cannot be used as security for a loan.
- Your shares will be held in a pooled nominee account operated by Pershing Securities Limited.
- You may hold cash in your ISA from time to time, but this must be retained solely for the purpose of investing in ISA qualifying investments. Should you fail to do this, your ISA may be considered void by HMRC.
- You may withdraw cash from your ISA at any time, however money withdrawn cannot be replaced.
- You may transfer an existing ISA held with another Manager to Santander Sharedealing at no cost; however, your existing ISA Manager may levy a charge or exit fee.
Apply for an Account
Please note that the favourable tax treatment of ISAs could be changed in the future.